Tired of trying to lose that last bit of belly fat? Are you diligently sticking to your no-junk resolution and working out frequently but still can’t seem to lose that little fat? Worry not, girl. We have got you covered. Below is a list of commonly available foods that work miracles on your metabolism, and efficiently reduce those pesky little bulges. Add these few to your diet and watch them work the magic!
1. Fish: Some of us love eating fish while some of us absolutely hate it. Whichever side you are on, salmon, herring, sardines, mackerel and other oily fish are great for burning fat, so you might consider adding them to your diet. These fish are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which have been shown to reduce inflammation and decrease heart disease risk. An added benefit: fish are great for your skin. So, add some fish to your daily diet for that fabulous figure and glowing skin!
2. Coffee: One of the most popular beverages worldwide and a staple in almost every kitchen, the humble coffee is a great fat burner. Caffeine increases metabolic rate by an impressive 3–13% and is also shown to improve energy for workouts. These factors combined go a long way in burning stubborn fat. However, stick to a range of 100–400 mg per day to avoid insomnia and jitteriness.
3. Green Tea: This beverage is slowly catching up with coffee in terms of popularity. Loaded with antioxidants, they are great for your overall health as well as energy levels. Green tea is very effective in maintaining your gut health, which goes a long way in achieving that flat tummy. Additionally, green tea is loaded with epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), an antioxidant that promotes fat burning and the loss of belly fat. Some studies have also shown that people who consume green tea burn more fat while working out.
4. Coconut oil: Rich in medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), this humble ingredient works wonders to reduce fat. A meta-analysis from 2015, which appeared in the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, found that these medium-chain triglycerides could lead to weight loss. However, more studies are needed to confirm the results. Many scientists believe that medium-chain triglycerides can increase energy consumption and reduce fat stores. Coconut oil is easily absorbed by the body and acts swiftly on stubborn belly fat to show dramatic results. It created a lot of buzz on social media last year when bulletproof coffee became the latest obsession of fitness freaks. It is commonly available, affordable and harmless in limited quantities, so we recommend you give it a try.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar: This has attained cult status in recent years, thanks to the buzz on social media. People swear by drinking ACV with warm water on an empty stomach. Apart from burning fat due to the acetic acid present in it, ACV also helps your gut and overall health because it contains nutrients like pectins and small amounts of vitamin C, thiamine, riboflavin, folate, potassium, calcium, iron and magnesium. Drinking ACV regularly has shown to improve energy levels, burn fat and give glowing skin. Sign us up!
This was the list of metabolism-boosting foods that we swear by. But don’t take our word for it, try out for yourself and get the body of your dreams!