Summer is here, and it is time to bring out those dresses, miniskirts and shorts. After a whole season of drinking hot chocolate and eating warm bread rolls, we understand if you might not feel like your best self in your summer clothes. Also, given the peppy weather, it is a great time to get engaged in some fun activities and shed the extra calories. We understand if you might be able to afford a gym membership or might not find time to hit up your local health club. There are so may other ways you can get fit and have fun while you are doing it! At the end of the day, fitness is more than just about some ideal weight and figure as propagated by mass media. Fitness is about feeling happy and active; and being your best self. This list will give you an idea to achieve exactly that: a state of physical and mental well-being in some easy steps.
- Hydration: With the temperatures soaring and humidity constantly rising, it is absolutely important for you to drink at least 8-10 glasses of water every day. Water maintains the proper functioning of all your organs and aids digestion, thus maintaining your overall fitness level. Without proper hydration, you will feel sluggish, your skin will start looking dull and you might even run the risk of dehydration. If you can not drink that much water, try infusing it with lemons and cucumber for some added flavours and nutritious fun.
- Little droplets make an ocean: It is the small efforts you make every day that count. If you walk home from work instead of taking a cab, you will end up burning a few calories as well as saving a few extra bucks. If that is not feasible for you, run errands on foot. Do not drive to local stores and take the staircase instead of the elevator wherever you can and see the difference.
- Pay attention to diet: This is probably the most cliché advice ever but hear us out. It works. You do not need to put yourself on some extreme diet to see changes. Cut back on salty and sugary foods. Include more protein and vegetables in your diet and start the morning with fresh fruits. Drink green tea instead of dairy-based beverages. These little changes will go a long way in improving your fitness and making your skin glow.
- Watch your lifestyle: This one is tried and tested and comes with the trainer’s stamp of approval. No matter how religiously you go for your morning diet or you stick to your diet, if you can not manage stress and get a solid 8 hours of sleep, you will not see changes. Our body does all the real “betterment” processes while we are sleeping, hence sound sleep is non-negotiable.
- Wear your confidence: At the end of the day, if you are feeling positive and confident in your summer clothes, it does not matter whether you have the so-called ideal body. Your confidence and happiness will radiate and that is the most important part of how you appear to the world. So, keep making efforts towards a healthier lifestyle, not just for the weighing scale and the measuring tape but for your own happiness.
These were some of the easiest things you could do in order to become a fitter version of yourself this summer. We hope you follow these and have fun while doing it!